Thursday, January 15, 2009

Aw hell sooky sooky...


So, this post is the first of hopefully multiple posts in a new format I'm trying. I'm tentatively calling it "Music ADD" and it works like free association with words. Essentially, I was listening to a song, and it reminded me of another song, so I listened to that, and it reminded me of a third song, and now I'm bringing all three of those songs to you.

First, I was listening to the So True EP by Inverse (review coming soon hopefully) and I got to the song "Spark My Soul." I'm not sure what the sample is or if it is a sample on the hook, but it sounds a lot like Sade to me. So, as soon as I finished that album I went to Sade's album Promise, where I heard the song "Jezebel." The horns on that song reminded me of "Careless Whispers" by George Michael. Of course, I didn't listen to George Michael after that. Nope, I listened to the Diplo remix of "Bama Gettin Money" by the Paper Route Gangstaz from their mixtape Fear and Loathing in Hunts Vegas. The songs may seem like a random collection of three, but they are all good songs.

Inverse - Spark My Soul [zshare mp3]

Sade - Jezebel [zshare mp3]

PRGz - Bama Gettin Money Diplo remix [zshare mp3]

Dowload So True EP or Fear and Loathing for Hunts Vegas for free (or for dollars if you feel like it)

1 comment:

Zay said...

behind you all the brotha