Sunday, June 8, 2008

I ain't a bitch throwin darts, I'm the pink power ranger


Charles Hamilton - Just A Musician
[mp3]

New kid Charles Hamilton killin it on Lil Wayne's "A Millie" beat, I still don't like the beat that much but Charles Hamilton is infinitely better on it than Weezy...




F... and at least he makes sense

bonus: Charles Hamilton - Sun Music [mp3]

K-Os - The Rain [mp3]

K-os is one of the better singer/rappers out there and I really like this track from his Atlantis: Hymns for Disco. I hesitate to use the term neo-soul as a genre because neo-soul was a label attached to certain R&B artists and the whole fad sorta died when it wasn't what it should've been. Anyways, I use it sometimes for artists that are doing something new but still bring that soulful depth to their music, like Gnarls Barkley and k-os, especially this song.

Wale - The Grown Up
[mp3]

New song from the Mixtape About Nothing that takes on the topic of love and maturity. Ironically, Wale put a lot of substance on his mixtape about nothing. The Seinfeld theme is mixed in perfectly though and as far as concept mixtapes go this is one of the best, along with Rhymefest's "Man in the Mirror"

bonus: Wale - Smile remix prod. by Mark Ronson [mp3]

And because I love me some 80's samples...

Crooked I - Died In Your Arms
[mp3]

1 comment:

Zay said...

wow. game has been stepped up.

though...
you shouldve hyperlinked THE "A Millie" video somewhere... like the F or something.

disappointment.