Tuesday, November 3, 2009

If I were a DJ...

[Photo by K.Allcox]


Think About Life: Johanna [removed]

An unexpected dance track from our peeps up north. It has its slower parts but overall it succeeds as an original dance floor jam.
Helloooo, Montreal.


The Big Pink: Dominos (Switch Remix) [removed]

It's been coming up all over the webs lately.
You just can't help but jerk it to this killer track.


Mochipet: Banana Split (Fliami Vice Remix) [removed]

This was such a good find. It's a funky good time. I can't resist getting down [reeeeal low] when it comes on. Hope youve been practicing your curled lip, stank-dancing face.


BBU: Chi Don't Dance [removed]

It's true. We don't dance. I go to Madison to get my bloghouse bangers. Not Chicago.
I'm here to juke. And everyone needs a fresh juke track.


Gappy Ranks: Stinkin' Rich (Stefski Rremix) [removed]

This is possibly my favorite dancehall song. If you can get past the Carib "HEY!" you'll really dig this song. Time to get those hips swaying and grind on someone that loves you.


Yeah Yeah Yeahs: Heads Will Roll (A-Trak remix) [removed]

You gotta love A-Trak.
This man ruled my dance life with an iron [pumping] fist for all of 07 & 08.
And here he is again laying down the law. Youre welcome, Karen O.


Weird Tapes: My Babe Walk [removed]

I know that I've posted this before... but it'll always be one of my go-to dance tracks.
Cyndi Lauper anyone?


The Dream: Walking on the Moon (Moon Man Remix) [removed]

Some more Chicago reppn. Moon Man serves up a stellar hype version of a song I didn't originally like. Success!


Does It Offend You, Yeah?: Dawn of the Dead (Station X Remix/Buffetlibre) [removed]

Anytime I'm driving my friends to a party, you can bet I'm playing this song.
It's a great preparty song. I'm not saying it can't hold its own at an actual party, it's just a great prologue to a great night.




Feist: My Moon My Man (Boys Noize Remix) [removed]

[Saving the best for last]
I'm in love with this remix.
I always found the original kinda depressing, and Boys Noize kept the melancholy undertone and made it suitable for the dance floor. Sad people need to dance too!
I could on and on about what this song means to me, but I wont.
You! Listen! Dance! Now!



Geez, I miss throwing parties.

1 comment:

Jake said...

You know what, you need to spend oodles of time with my friends i made @ UC

This post is fantastic, and POSITRONIC should have this in their repertoire

or maybe you should just join me as a pseudo-research/dance party arm of POSITRONIC