Friday, November 20, 2009

Where do you and I begin?

Soylentgreen23 on flickr


Solange: Stillness is the Move [zshare]

I'm sorry. I meant to post this the first day I heard it. It's been on repeat all week.
This makes me want to look up more Dirty Projectors. I don't know what is, but I havent liked the stuff I've heard by them. Though I did enjoy their stuff on La Blogotheque.
But back to Solange. The star. This girl has moxy. I really hope she gets the respect and attention she deserves. Without having to cut off all of her hair.
I found Sol-Angel and the Hadley St. Dreams a much better and more inventive throwback than R.Saadiq's The Way I See It but she still flew under the radar.
Indie cred won't but you a house, but that's what big sisters are for.


Meshell Ndegeocello: Shirk [zshare]

...I'm sorry I lied

Loving Meshell right now. And it didn't occur to me that she was on the Love & Basketball soundtrack. Man, I love that soundtrack. Well here she is now with Shirk. Don't even know if you can call her Neo-Soul. I don't.


The Watson Twins: Just Like Heaven [zshare]

Show me how you do that trick...

You know the song. This version is beautiful. Simply.

1 comment:

Jake said...

That watson twins cover is heaven-ly

remind me of my americana twang that is deep down in me, and never gets to spread it's wings here in montreal